It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:50 pm

A few suggestions to the devs

...and here we talk about reviews, gameplay, cool ideas for Anomaly Warzone Earth and stuff like that. And it's for PC and Mac computer users too.

A few suggestions to the devs

Postby taczillabr » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:26 am

I thought this might help the devs...
It's a great first game, 11 bit, great. Success with it. I just finished the campaign, got ranked 342 out of 9000+, advanced. :-)

-when you die and and have to restast from a checkpoint then load the LAST used route, do not load the default route.

-add more checkpoints in later missions, specifically in Tokyo missions. (I feel that some checkpoints are too far from each other, so when you die in a mission you're practically sent back to the beggining of it, and it's very time consuming to redo larger battles. I would not like a quicksave feature because I think it takes the challenge away, so just add more checkpoints).

-let me use both the AWSD and mouse, at the same time. So I can move the commander with AWSD and pan the screen with the mouse.

-in the first mission of the campaign, make it clear what the medals are, what are the three medal types.

-in the help menu, create a "medal info" help, describe how medals work. And maybe describe the total amount you can get of each. Like: "Directness: description. 15 medals available."

-if the subtitles are on, display the name of the character before their phrase, like "Professor: hello, do this.", and display the character picture down next to its name, not up in the screen.

-when in the Tactical Map (Ctrl), diplay "Tactical Map" written in the same way you wrote "Troops" in the space bar menu.

-let me control where the troops are aiming (sometimes they're shooting a weak tower in the left, while it would be best if I could aim at the stronger tower in the right side. It would help fighting against the Energizer and others, although having the aim could make the game too easy...)

-when the game automatically pauses for a cinematic, also pause the effect of the abilities. In some occasions I've set an ability 1 second before a cinematic, and then the ability is over right away when the cinematic ends; that's frustrating when you have to repair units and you're unaware that a cinematic is coming up)

-is it hero or is it commander? because I guess both names appear during the game.

-in the tokyo raid's briefing, by CPU you mean Processor? (in the campaign it's mentioned as Processor)

-in the main menu, the two buttons for leaderboards and achievements are not working for me, I'm playing the steam version. The two buttons for fb and twitter aren't working too.

-there's a cinematic which bothers me because if you die it repeats from the beginning of it, at mission 13 with the artillery strikes, just when you're crossing a bridge. Skip that cinematic when you die, please.

-there's two checkpoints way too close to each other if I'm not mistaken, at mission 14 just before you go fight the boss, around the time the plane drops four or five abilities before the boss fight.

-and last, I thought I would never say this because I really really dislike the milking which is spread in the industry nowadays, but do you have any plans of releasing more campaigns through DLCs? (Or through free patches, if you're willing to make them free...). Yes, I want to play more of A:WE.

Thanks for your attention,
taczillabr
Last edited by taczillabr on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taczillabr

Re: A few suggestions to the devs

Postby tals » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:35 am

Agree with most points although not sure the benefit of wasd movement - the current system seems to work quite well.

DLC i'd be happy to pay for and tbh if you really want it then that is more of an incentive for the devs

Only other aspect I would like is ability to resume from a checkpoint when you next return to the game - coul dactually be on a mission per mission basis to allow you to go to an earlier mission and then return to the later one. When you went into a mission it would just prompt do you want to resume from check point :)
tals

Postby Timusius » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:20 pm

I would like a save feature instead of the checkpoints.

Or at least the ability to quit the game and then restart from the last checkpoint.

Some of these missions take a looooong time, and it's fairly annoying to quit a mission if you are a long way into it. This happens sometimes for "us casual gamers" that don't have hours and hours of gaming time every day ;)

No matter what, the later levels need a lot more checkpoints. With all the restarting back at the begining the later levels are more about "who can endure the pain the longest" instead of "who can quickly adapt and use new tactics".
Timusius

Postby taczillabr » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:40 pm

tals wrote:Agree with most points although not sure the benefit of wasd movement - the current system seems to work quite well.

DLC i'd be happy to pay for and tbh if you really want it then that is more of an incentive for the devs

Only other aspect I would like is ability to resume from a checkpoint when you next return to the game - coul dactually be on a mission per mission basis to allow you to go to an earlier mission and then return to the later one. When you went into a mission it would just prompt do you want to resume from check point :)

Yeah it works very well as it is, but for the more hardcore players at the more hardcore missions, they would benefit from having both the AWSD+mouse movement and by having the option to aim at what target they want. As I said, it would make the game easier though.

Agreed, like when you have to get out of the computer so you exit the game, and next time it comes back right where you stopped. But doing it on a mission by mission basis maybe would create too many save files.

Timusius wrote:I would like a save feature instead of the checkpoints.

Or at least the ability to quit the game and then restart from the last checkpoint.

Some of these missions take a looooong time, and it's fairly annoying to quit a mission if you are a long way into it. This happens sometimes for "us casual gamers" that don't have hours and hours of gaming time every day ;)

No matter what, the later levels need a lot more checkpoints. With all the restarting back at the begining the later levels are more about "who can endure the pain the longest" instead of "who can quickly adapt and use new tactics".

Read my quote above, I agree that there should be more checkpoints in some of the longer missions.

Like at mission 13, who can endure the pain of the artillery strikes the longest... without the game saving until you get your troops killed so you're obliged to go back to the bridge cinematic. :p
taczillabr

Postby ZildjianKX » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Really awesome suggestions... I just wanted to chime in that I'd love ASDW and arrow key support while using the mouse. This is the part of the game that kills me the most...

Also a window mode would be great :D
ZildjianKX

Postby admin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Just to let you know we're active here and reading. Hope to fix issues in a patch, when ready.
admin
Site Admin

Postby tals » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:43 am

Excellent to hear i've stopped playing the game as I do love it but the thought of not being able to take a break on the larger missions is really putting me off :( Hopefully you'll have a resume feature in the patch?
tals

Postby admin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:55 pm

You have checkpoints in latter missions, no worries. I guess people complain that there are not many on "hardcore" difficulty, but hey - it's hardcore difficulty ;)
admin
Site Admin

Postby tals » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:26 pm

admin wrote:You have checkpoints in latter missions, no worries. I guess people complain that there are not many on "hardcore" difficulty, but hey - it's hardcore difficulty ;)

I think you are misunderstanding me. Check points are fine, saves would be better but check points are fine (though note there is a query whether the positioning of some of the check points leads to missing them)

My issue is I play say for 20/30 mins trying todo a mission, get stuck so I want to leave the game and return to that point next time - but I can't I have to play through the whole mission again. One resume when you return to the game would make a huge difference
tals

Postby tals » Wed May 04, 2011 7:37 pm

I've not touched this game since my last post - which is a shame as it's a great game but I really can't face a long mission that I may then have to repeat later if I don't complete it in that session. Are there any plans for a patch to get excited about?
tals

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth general discussion