It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 am

Lets talk about Sniper Junction

Lets talk about Sniper Junction

Postby Alan Grant » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:13 pm

I have yet to have a single scavenger survive Sniper Junction. Granted I haven't tried a great range of different people. I probably need to send Pavle (sp?), the fast runner.

But I sent Katia for example, and she was healthy, not limping or anything, and she got shot 3 times and killed just trying to clear the first street. The first hit made her limp and that made her an easy target for the next two before she could get to cover.

What has your experience been with Sniper Junction?
Alan Grant

Re: Lets talk about Sniper Junction

Postby KarlosCV » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:30 pm

I'm perplexed to be honest. My only survivor that died at the Junction was Boris because I haven't learned the place properly yet. Basically he made it there, looted a full bag but on the way back he got shot once and that was the end of him, since he's so slow.

I had no difficulties with any other survivors though. They all run pretty fast.
KarlosCV

Postby zero » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Also never had an issue.

Wait for the bullet hit sound » run to cover » wait » run to cover » wait » run into door. After you clear it for the first time, you can unblock the tunnel, so you only have to reach the fountain the second time.

I found a sniper at the top of the hotel once, don't know if it's related, like if I take him out will it clear the Junction? Will try soon.
zero

Postby Alan Grant » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Hmm...maybe I'm just not timing it right then, I dunno. Overcoming Sniper Junction just might be a personal objective in my next game.

Speaking of finding snipers, I once encountered a sniper team (2 men) at the Construction Site on the roof of the structure, which is close to Sniper Junction. So I did wonder if that might be related (they were shooting at a pretty regular interval). I did not engage them though, I could just hear the shooting and their voices when I got closer.
Alan Grant

Postby DeathXIII » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:00 pm

you didn't get the point of sniper junction. look carefully at the background, there are objects that you could use as cover. simple time every shot and run towards the next cover and almost everyone can get through. just in case, right click or double left click to run.
DeathXIII

Postby zero » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Alan Grant wrote:Speaking of finding snipers, I once encountered a sniper team (2 men) at the Construction Site on the roof of the structure, which is close to Sniper Junction. So I did wonder if that might be related (they were shooting at a pretty regular interval). I did not engage them though, I could just hear the shooting and their voices when I got closer.

You're right! It was the Construction Site, not the hotel like I said before. I wonder the same thing...
zero

Postby iplaytwom » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:34 pm

i 'm on my 3rd playthrough and i think the location may'vee gotten harder. cuz the first 2 didn't see so dangerous.

i did have my helmet n vest, think that help protect you...
iplaytwom

Postby zedsdead » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:47 pm

i don't think that the "Construction Site" map and the "Sniper Junction" map are connected, or any other map with each other. I killed the 2 man sniper team at the construction site, you get a nice assault rifle with a scope etc. and a nice morale boost for your team, cause they see them as ruthless killers.
zedsdead

Postby Alan Grant » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:47 am

zedsdead wrote:i don't think that the "Construction Site" map and the "Sniper Junction" map are connected, or any other map with each other. I killed the 2 man sniper team at the construction site, you get a nice assault rifle with a scope etc. and a nice morale boost for your team, cause they see them as ruthless killers.

That is interesting, not surprising, but interesting. Speaking as someone who is trying to decipher when the group feels ok about killing and when they don't.

And now I feel like a bad person for thinking that way.....
Alan Grant

Postby suntzu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:36 am

it's also possible to sprint your way across the whole yard without stopping, using Pavle with a vest/helmet. the gear is good for blocking at least one shot without taking damage, and he runs fast enough to take only one hit. so a good idea for any character if you can get your hands on these, especially Boris. it's not obvious since you have to go into combat to see there is cover, I never even used that tbh.
suntzu

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.