It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:02 am

Black Sherif - Through pain to fame

Postby geemong » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:40 am

Ghanaian rapper, singer and songwriter Black Sherif is one of the fastest rising stars in African music.

For those who are interested in the web, xo wallet has also provided slot trial game modes for those who are interested and want to learn to play slot games.

At the age of just 20, he already has several awards under his belt. He's just released his debut album The Villain I Never Was.

Born Mohammed Ismail Sharrif in Konongo in the Ashanti region, he started making music in high school putting out freestyles recorded on his friend's smartphone.

"When I realised I wanted to go with music, I needed a stage name, and something heavy. But I didn't want to switch my whole name, so I needed the Sherif, because Sharrif is my name."

He explains that the name means noble and that black is his identity - so together Black Sherif means a noble African.

He got people's attention with the first of his "Sermon" freestyles.

When he followed First Sermon up with the street anthem Second Sermon, he went mainstream and then remixed it featuring Nigerian star Burna Boy.

Earlier this year, his single Kwaku the Traveller reached number one on the Ghanaian and Nigerian Apple Music charts. By August it was the most Shazamed song in the world across genres.

His latest single is Soja.

"I am soldier, you are soldier," he explains. "Everyone is a soldier in this world, because we all have different battles we are fighting. I sacrifice, you sacrifice, everyone sacrifices."

In the song he talks about his fears and insecurities in a very open way.

"If we hop on the streets you will see the kids that are running to me right now. There are kids listening to me, and I don't want them to know I'm perfect. I'm not perfect. I have fears. I have anxiety. I want them to know that I'm a person."

When asked about his main source of inspiration his answer is surprising:

"It's my pain. I have lots of pains in my heart, mostly from things I've seen. There's pain on the streets. There's pain in the air. I do have doubts in so many things about what I do. Life has happened to me. People have disappointed me. Music is my safe haven."

Black Sherif says his main musical influences come from the Highlife music his mother used to play. Then at the age of eight his father turned him on to reggae.

"That was the first time living with my Dad. When I was growing up my Dad was living in Greece. I love reggae so much because you know what elements come with reggae; consciousness, it's raw, it's real. And Highlife is melodious, soulful. That's my main sound inspiration."

He says he loves all his songs on the album, but he singles out O Paradise, a moving track inspired by his first girlfriend who sadly passed away. He's certainly not afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve.

He says the main message on the album is one of perseverance.

"It's inspirational, motivational. It's about self realisation. Listen. It will speak to you."
geemong

Re: Black Sherif - Through pain to fame

Postby thiagogo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 am

A very meaningful event, I hope everything will go well moto x3m bike race game
thiagogo

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM